Why Consider the Cloud?
The five main benefits of migrating to a cloud computing environment like Microsoft Office 365
What is the cloud? Is it secure? Is the Cloud on our IT road map? How can the Cloud boost of our profitability?
You’ve got questions and we have answers!
Benefit #1 - Costs
Your current local infrastructure is aging and reaching its capacity limit. Performance, security and reliability are no longer guaranteed.
As computer hardware becomes more obsolete, it puts considerable strain on a company’s finances.
The consequences of potentially defective equipment would be very costly.
- Has your IT infrastructure reached end-of-life?
- Do your IT requirements exceed your forecasted budget?
- Do you find yourself forced to make significant investments to maintain and renew your local IT infrastructure?
The Cloud gives you access to a high-end infrastructure for a fraction of the price. Not only do you pay only for what you use, but you also reduce the financial pressure associated with maintaining the equipment.
Benefit #2 - Productivity
Working from home, varying schedules, employees who are on the road or located in different regions... ensuring the productivity of mobile team members can be a challenge. Secure sharing of information is a constant concern.
Real-time collaboration with external collaborators is key to business efficiency.
- Do your employees have the right tools to collaborate from anywhere and from any device (mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop)?
- Does your company use the Office suite? Which version(s)? Are your licenses up to date?
- What do you use as an email solution?
- Which solution do you currently use to store and manage your company’s documents? How do you share your documents?
With software in Microsoft’s secure cloud, your teams can access their tools from anywhere. Sharing and collaborating both inside and outside the organization becomes simpler and more secure.
With the subscription model, you don’t have to make any upfront investment or pay for upgrades.
Benefit #3 - Compliance
Your company must ensure that it complies with industry standards – both its own standards as well as complying with their clients governing standards.
Automatic backups, versioning, granular permissions, centralized document management and archiving are just a few examples of the essential functions of compliance.
- Do you have any challenges managing your documents?
- Are your software licenses compliant?
Cloud solutions offer a variety of features to help you manage your documents.
The subscription-per-user model ensures that your software licenses are always compliant.
Benefit #4 - Security
More devices on the company network puts data security at risk.
There is a need for better control over devices outside the company's network.
- Do your employees use their personal devices for work?
- Do you use public and free collaborative services such as Dropbox or Gmail?
- Is your confidential data safe from both internal and external intrusions?
Protect your data in the cloud with passwords, prohibit the installation of certain applications and delete data remotely.
Security is the responsibility of the cloud solutions provider, Innovative Architect’s experts will ensure the most secure solutions are deployed and configured for maximum security while not hindering users ability to get their work done.
Benefit #5 - Business Continuity
More than 50% of companies would not survive a major disaster.
Ransomware and phishing attacks are on the rise and will only continue to increase in intensity.
- Is your IT infrastructure well protected in the event of a disaster?
- Do you have a system to backup your data in a location located away from your local infrastructure?
The cloud provides the ability to fully restore business data and ensure fast business recovery. Innovative Architects’ team can deploy varying technologies to maximize your uptime if/when a disaster strikes.
For more information about the benefits of the cloud for your business, contact Innovative Architects.